Cure infertility naturally by just making some simple yet healthy changes in your diet. Research experts from the Harvard Medical School recommend dietary changes to boost fertility rate and increase your pregnancy chances.
What Does Fertility Diet Mean?
Fertility diet is any changes in your eating habits to treat infertility naturally and improve fertility health. These changes include adding food rich in fertility-boosting nutrients.
The diet does not only optimize your reproductive system, but it also prepares all other body systems for healthy pregnancy. Among these are the following:
- Improves your digestive system to help achieve and maintain your recommended weight necessary and critical to conception
- Activates your body’s natural healing mechanism
- Increases your body’s ability to absorb nutrients from food and to maintain hormonal balance
- Supplies your body the nutrients it needs to correct deficiencies and disorders such as ovarian health issues (women) and low sperm count and poor sperm motility (men) to name some
The nutrients your body needs for conception should come mainly from the food you eat. No dietary supplement is effective if you use it as your main source of nutrients.
Whatever is the cause of your infertility, the foundation to treat it and to get favorable results from the treatment is your diet. Even when your situation requires medical intervention (e.g. genital deformities, damaged tubes), your diet is still critical to prepare your body for the procedure and to speed up recovery.
Here is a simple guide on how you can treat infertility naturally with food:
- Choose slow carbs over fast carbs. It is not a wise decision to abstain from eating carbs. You need carbs for a well-balanced diet. The prudent thing to do is to choose the quality of your carbs.
Carbs that your body can slowly digest are rich sources of fiber. This nutrient cleanses your body and removes toxins that interfere with the normal functions of your body systems.
Fiber-rich carbs also regulate your blood sugar and prevent insulin resistance. Blood sugar and insulin are two major factors that affect hormones necessary for pregnancy.
Examples of slow-carb food are non-starchy veggies (kale, tomatoes, cucumber, and onions), fresh fruits (berries, apples, and melons), nuts, sweet potatoes, and quinoa.
- Source your protein mostly from plant-based food. It’s time to lessen your dependency on animal meat as your protein source. If you are to consume animal-based protein, get it from lean cuts of meat.
Again, it is unwise to abstain from animal-based protein. You only have to reduce your consumption and to choose high quality animal meat to help meet your protein requirements. To do this, start increasing your consumption of plant-based protein food.
- Include healthy fats in your diet. Examples of healthy fats are mid fatty acids in pure coconut oil, polyunsaturated fats especially those from fatty fish and nuts, and monounsaturated fats from olive oil.
One way to treat infertility naturally, is to replace your cooking oil with pure coconut oil. The advantage of coconut oil over other oils is that it remains stable with heat.
Avoid eating food containing trans-fatty acids. You will find trans-fat from the following: doughnuts, candies, chips, fries, biscuits, and practically all-junk food and most of the processed food.
Trans-fat food reduces your chances of conception by as much as 70%. Experts at the Harvard Medical School recommend the complete avoidance of trans-fat. Check the label and skip items that contain any of these as ingredients: hydrogenated fat, vegetable fat, or hardened vegetable fat. These are trans-fat in disguise.
Clean Drinking Water
Your fertility diet must include drinking lots of clean water, preferably distilled or water that undergoes reverse osmosis. Avoid tap water and bottled water. Tap water contains impurities such as pesticide residues. Bottled water, for its part, can trigger hormonal imbalance due to the chemicals in the bottle.
The standard is to drink water equivalent to half of your weight. You can drink more if you wish to satisfy your thirst. Water helps in achieving and maintaining your recommended weight. It is also the best natural cleansing agent to flush out toxins from your body.
Science proves the role and influence of diet in addressing infertility and improving your chances of getting pregnant. Why should you deny yourself the benefits of a fertility diet to cure fertility naturally? For More information at A Pregnancy Miracle Review